Thursday, May 17, 2012

Totally Thrucked...Maybe

"Thruck:" An interesting substitution for a word that sounds a lot like it. Coined when a friend of mine was writing "firetruck" on a blackboard with certain letters highlighted. I don't know how the "h" got in there, but both of us agreed that it looked fairly vulgar. I've used it ever since.
----------------------------
I've got to stop being confident. No, seriously--I think I could benefit from low self esteem. To expand:
I'm supposed to be a good writer (see, already working on put-downs). More than good, sometimes. I've written some very well-reviewed fanfic as well as some rather interesting poetry and more. But there is one problem.
When G-d granted me the gift of writing, he concentrated mostly on the creative bit. He mostly left out the analytical part. Yes, gentle readers: I suck at analytical papers, which is what I'm supposed to be writing for my English class. The first couple of essays were more about personal experiences; those came out quite well (hence the self-confidence). The next couple of essays...sucked. And my GPA will show it. Also, the research paper that is worth 30% of my grade is due next Thursday and I've got very little. I used to be able to fudge them; now...not.
Sometimes I predict a bad grade and end up getting a good one. I don't think it will happen this time.
Wait--I'm blogging about my feelings. What have I become? *facepalm*
Yep. Thrucked.

No comments:

Post a Comment